clothing worn under one's outer clothes, usually next to the skin, as undershirts, undershorts, or slips
(usually uncountable, plural underwears)
- Then, impishly, handed her the underwear as well.
- While he was in the bathroom she stripped down to the black underwear and gave her hair another brushing.
- A little higher, and he'd be able to tell what color underwear she wore.
- Megan helped and stacked socks and underwear in her pile and then brought her a light wool jacket, leather gloves, hat, and scarf.
- Hours later, she dropped onto the plush guest bed, clad in a T-shirt and underwear after a hot shower.