twenty[twen′tē, twen′ē, twun′ē]
twenty definition by Webster's New World
Origin: Middle English twenti ; from Old English twegentig, literally , two tens (akin to German zwanzig, Gothic twai tigjus) ; from twegen, twain plush -tig, -ty
- the cardinal number between nineteen and twenty-one; 20; XX
- ☆ Informal a twenty-dollar bill
twenty definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The cardinal number equal to 2 × 10.
- twentiesa. A decade or the numbers from 20 to 29: The children are now in their twenties. The temperature dipped into the twenties.b. often Twenties The decade from 20 to 29 in a century.
- A twenty-dollar bill.
Origin: Middle English, from Old English twēntig; see dwo- in Indo-European roots.
- twenˈty adjective & pron.
twenty - Phrases/Idioms