- preceded by nineteen others in a series; 20th
- designating any of the twenty equal parts of something
Origin of twentiethMiddle English twentithe, new formation for Old English twentigotha: see twenty and amp; -th
- the one following the nineteenth
- any of the twenty equal parts of something;
in the twentieth place, rank, group, etc.
- The ordinal number matching the number 20 in a series.
- One of 20 equal parts.
- The ordinal form of the number twenty.
- 20th, 20th; (in names of monarchs and popes) XX
- A person or thing in the twentieth position.
- One of twenty equal parts of a whole.
twenty +"Ž -eth