- An example of a transsexual is a man who believes he should have been born a woman.
- An example of a transsexual is a man who undergoes surgery to become a woman.
The definition of a transsexual is someone who believes they were born in the wrong gender and who wishes to change genders or has actually undergone surgery in order to change genders.
a person who is predisposed to identify with the opposite sex, sometimes so strongly as to undergo surgery and hormone injections to effect a change of sex
- Identifying as or having undergone medical treatment to become a member of the opposite sex.
- Of or relating to transsexual people.
One who is transsexual.
(comparative more transsexual, superlative most transsexual)
- (of a person) Being a transsexual.
- It may be inappropriate to refer to or describe a transsexual person as "a transsexual"; compare "a black", "a gay". "A transsexual man" (for a man who is biologically female, or was biologically female prior to sex reassignment) or "a transsexual woman" (for the reverse) is frequently more appropriate.
trans- +"Ž sexual
- While not all persons with GID are labeled as transsexuals, there are those who are determined to undergo sex change procedures or have done so, and, therefore, are classified as transsexual.
- Most universities and colleges have a Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transsexual (LGBT) or women's department for individuals going through what you are right now.
- They also show a preference for the clothing and typical activities of the opposite sex; transsexual boys like to play house and play with dolls.
- The actress also received a Golden Globe and Oscar for her role as a transsexual seeking a surgical gender change in the film Transamerica.
- There is also a section for transsexual, transvestite and transgendered members, offering yet another search option for swingers dating.