- An example of a transsexual is a man who believes he should have been born a woman.
- An example of a transsexual is a man who undergoes surgery to become a woman.
- Identifying as or having undergone medical treatment to become a member of the opposite sex.
- Of or relating to transsexual people.
(comparative more transsexual, superlative most transsexual)
- (of a person) Being a transsexual.
- It may be inappropriate to refer to or describe a transsexual person as "a transsexual"; compare "a black", "a gay". "A transsexual man" (for a man who is biologically female, or was biologically female prior to sex reassignment) or "a transsexual woman" (for the reverse) is frequently more appropriate.
trans- +"Ž sexual