- The definition of a transsexual is someone who believes they were born in the wrong gender and who wishes to change genders or has actually undergone surgery in order to change genders.
- An example of a transsexual is a man who believes he should have been born a woman.
- An example of a transsexual is a man who undergoes surgery to become a woman.
- transsexualism noun
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- One who wishes to be considered by society as a member of the opposite sex.
- One who has undergone a sex change.
- trans·sexˈu·al adjective
- trans·sexˈu·al·ism, trans·sexˌu·alˈi·ty noun
transsexual - Medical Definition
- Of or relating to such a person.
- Relating to medical and surgical procedures designed to alter a person's external sexual characteristics so they resemble those of the opposite gender.