Jasmine has a self image of being a studious person with a composed demeanor.
Self image is the way you think about and view yourself.
An example of self image is a person who sees herself as beautiful and smart.
The conception that one has of oneself, including an assessment of qualities and personal worth.
- The way a person views themself.
- Like most people my self-image is much younger than my age; the fact that I'm getting old hasn't quite sunk in yet.
self- +"Ž image
(plural self images)
- Alternative spelling of self-image.
- Common challenges confronted by the students at Degrassi Community School include self-image issues, peer pressure, child abuse, sexual identity, gang violence, self-injury, school shootings, teenage pregnancy and drug abuse.
- Borderline personality disorder-A mental disorder characterized by mood swings, unstable interpersonal relationships, poor self-image, and self-destructive and impulsive behaviors.
- Because bulimia results from an excessive concern with weight control and self-image and is often accompanied by depression, it is also considered to be a psychiatric illness.
- The parents' approach to the disorder can greatly influence the child's self-image, self-esteem, and ultimately his or her success in reaching the fullest language potential.
- Support: Without a supportive community of friends and family to encourage healthy habits and a positive self-image, dieters may revert to overeating and emotional eating.