- The definition of top-heavy is someone or something that has most of its weight at the top and is likely to fall over as a result.
A very heavy table top resting on a very small stand that can barely support the weight of the top is an example of a table that would be described as top-heavy.
- Likely to topple because of an uneven distribution of weight, with the majority being at the top.
- Accounting Overcapitalized.
- Having a disproportionately large number of administrators.
(comparative more topheavy, superlative most topheavy)
- Alternative spelling of top-heavy.
(comparative more top-heavy, superlative most top-heavy)
- having a high centre of gravity, and liable to topple
- (of an organization) having an excessive number of administrators or managers