A very heavy table top resting on a very small stand that can barely support the weight of the top is an example of a table that would be described as top-heavy.
- Likely to topple because of an uneven distribution of weight, with the majority being at the top.
- Accounting Overcapitalized.
- Having a disproportionately large number of administrators.
(comparative more topheavy, superlative most topheavy)
- Alternative spelling of top-heavy.
- For bathrooms, we recommend adding a safety latch to the toilet seats and/or leave toilet seats down and the bathroom door shut at all times.Babies are top-heavy and accidents do happen in the blink of an eye.
- The 2006 hair style trends for summer have top-heavy layers, which create a cute bounce to the hair.
- Teens and twenty-somethings everywhere can be tempted by their top-heavy shape now.
- You'll avoid the top-heavy eye makeup look that way.
- Young horses that are too highly fed are apt to become weak-limbed and top-heavy.