strong, heavy cloth, often striped, used for casings of mattresses, pillows, etc.
Origin of tickingsee tick
A strong, tightly woven fabric of cotton or linen used to make pillow and mattress coverings.
- A strong cotton or linen fabric used to cover pillows and mattresses.
- A sound of something ticking.
- An illusional style of dance where one moves his or her body to the "tic" of the music creating a strobe or animated effect.
- A marking that occurs on some horses. It involves white flecks of hair at the flank, and white hairs at the base of the tail, called a skunk tail or rabicano. Sometimes referred to as birdcatcher ticks.
- Present participle of tick.