a person or thing that thins; esp., a volatile liquid, as turpentine, added to paint, varnish, etc. to lower its viscosity
A liquid, such as turpentine, mixed with paint or varnish to reduce its viscosity and make it easier to apply.
- A liquid substance used to thin the consistency of another liquid.
- Turpentine or mineral spirits can be used as a thinner for oil based paints.
- Something that thins.
- Pomegranate juice and exercise are great natural blood thinners.
- The new type of mechanical thinner allowed thinning of peach blossoms to be completed earlier.
- A solid mane thinner is indispensable in finishing the looks of your horse.