An example of a teenager is someone who just has their thirteenth birthday.
- (countable) Literally, a person from thirteen to nineteen, an adolescent.
Sometimes only refers up to the legal minor limit in many countries of eighteen years old, or sometimes only refers up to the point of high school graduation. In the earlier years, sometimes referred to as a youth; in later years, sometimes referred to as a young adult.
- The moody teenager was back.
- They are close to being equal, with the exception that Jonny is a teenager and can't control his power yet.
- He seemed like a normal teenager, harmless with a name like Jonny.
- Maria was a wee bird of a woman—probably a teenager, Hispanic, and even shorter than Cynthia, who barely topped five feet.
- I'd guess she left home quite young, perhaps as a mid-teenager, with little or no dough.