- in one's teens
- of, characteristic of, or for persons in their teens
- An example of teenage is a magazine targeting a fourteen year old girl; teenage magazine.
- An example of teenage is a pregnant fourteen year old girl; teenage pregnancy.
The definition of teenage is defined as a person in their teen years, or something related to those years.
Of, relating to, or applicable to those aged 13 through 19.
First attested circa 1700: teen (Kentish variant of tine: “enclose within a wattle fence") +"Ž -age (suffix forming abstract nouns).
- It's hard to judge a guy by teenage love letters.
- I wanted to ask Billy about teenage partying.
- Howie and Quinn remained the oil and water of our association although there was no mention of Martha's teenage indiscretion that had caused so much early turmoil.
- While his teenage action was untrustworthy, it was venial compared to abandoning the child to an abductor if that was what the cowering, younger Howie had done!
- She was used to the teenage fits of temperament after spending the summer with her newly turned twenty-year-old brother.