- a person skilled in the technicalities of some subject
- an artist, writer, musician, etc. who has great technical skill or knowledge
- a person providing technological or technical assistance or support
The definition of a technician is a person whose job or training involves a specific technical process, or is someone skilled or trained in a specific art or craft.
An example of a technician is a person who works in a lab and who runs a machine that separates bacteria from blood samples in order to test for illness.
An expert in a technique, as:
a. One whose occupation requires training in a specific technical process: an electronics technician; an automotive technician.
b. One who is known for skill in an intellectual or artistic technique.
- If sleep apnea is diagnosed during the sleep study, the patient will have a second overnight sleep study during which a technician will try alternative pressures to determine the best pressure to stop the patient's apneas.
- Noel, who had been touring with the Inspiral Carpets as a guitar technician, arrived home and after discovering his brother's dabbling in music, declared that he would join Liam's band, providing he could have complete creative control.
- In order to use the search function, you will need to use the drop down menu to specify what type of visitor to the site you are (consumer, trade partner, service technician or internal) and enter the model number of your appliance.
- While it's too early to tell the sex of the baby, the technician can see the baby's heart beating, identify twins, determine the due date of the baby, and check for several developmental milestones in the organs of the fetus.
- If you have no desire to go to medical school or even complete a nursing program but you want to have a hand in helping people in the medical field, consider working in billing or become a health information technician.