- The definition of a technician is a person whose job or training involves a specific technical process, or is someone skilled or trained in a specific art or craft.
An example of a technician is a person who works in a lab and who runs a machine that separates bacteria from blood samples in order to test for illness.
- a person skilled in the technicalities of some subject
- an artist, writer, musician, etc. who has great technical skill or knowledge
- a person providing technological or technical assistance or support
An expert in a technique, as:
a. One whose occupation requires training in a specific technical process: an electronics technician; an automotive technician.
b. One who is known for skill in an intellectual or artistic technique.
- A person who studies, professes or practices technology.
technic + -ian