- a person skilled in the technicalities of some subject
- an artist, writer, musician, etc. who has great technical skill or knowledge
- a person providing technological or technical assistance or support
The definition of a technician is a person whose job or training involves a specific technical process, or is someone skilled or trained in a specific art or craft.
An example of a technician is a person who works in a lab and who runs a machine that separates bacteria from blood samples in order to test for illness.
An expert in a technique, as:
a. One whose occupation requires training in a specific technical process: an electronics technician; an automotive technician.
b. One who is known for skill in an intellectual or artistic technique.
- If sleep apnea is diagnosed during the sleep study, the patient will have a second overnight sleep study during which a technician will try alternative pressures to determine the best pressure to stop the patient's apneas.
- After each individual pulse, the technician pressed the spot briefly with her gloved finger to help dissipate the pain, and she also kept up a running commentary about her progress so the client knew what to expect.
- If you love the idea of adding horseshoes to your next manicure but fear you lack the creativity and skill to pull it off, you can always book an appointment with a professional nail technician for best results.
- Noel, who had been touring with the Inspiral Carpets as a guitar technician, arrived home and after discovering his brother's dabbling in music, declared that he would join Liam's band, providing he could have complete creative control.
- In order to use the search function, you will need to use the drop down menu to specify what type of visitor to the site you are (consumer, trade partner, service technician or internal) and enter the model number of your appliance.