The amount that a teaspoon can hold.
(plural teaspoonfuls or teaspoonsful)
teaspoon +"Ž -ful
- In the past, cod liver oil was eaten by the teaspoonful, but these days it's generally enclosed in a small, soft gelatin caplet, similar to vitamin E.
- The infant drops contain a much higher concentration of acetaminophen, 100 milligrams in 20 drops, equal to 500 milligrams in a teaspoonful.
- Children's acetaminophen contains low concentrations of the drug, 160 milligrams in a teaspoonful of solution.
- Another way to use tea tree oil is to add a teaspoonful to your dishwasher as well as to your laundry loads.
- Drop dough onto greased cookie sheet by the teaspoonful and bake for 10 to 15 minutes.