A tablespoon of flour.
- a large spoon used for serving at table
- a spoon used as a measuring unit in cookery, equal to about half a fluid ounce or 3 teaspoons: abbrev. tbs or tbsp
- A large spoon for serving food.
- Abbr. T or tbs. or tbsp. A household cooking measure equal to 3 teaspoons, or 1/2 fluid ounce (15 milliliters). See Table at measurement.
- (Canada, US) A large spoon, used for eating food from a bowl.
- (Australia, New Zealand, Northern UK) A spoon too large for eating, usually used for cooking or serving.
- (cooking) A unit of volume, the value of which varies regionally; in the US: three teaspoons or roughly 15 ml; in Britain and Canada: exactly 15 ml; in Australia: four teaspoons or 20 ml.