- a person who tattles; gossip or informer
- ⌂ a grayish-brown sandpiper (Heteroscelus incanus) of the Pacific coastal region, known for its loud cry
- One who tattles.
- Either of two shorebirds of the genus Tringa found in Asia, Australia, and western North America, especially T. incana, noted for its loud cry.
- One who tattles (notifies authorities of illicit behavi) or is inclined to do so; a tattletale.
- My sister is a big tattler; she always tells Mommy when I hit her!
- Either of two similar bird species in the shorebird genus Heteroscelus (Tringa in some taxonomies).
- A device fitted to a vehicle to measure mileage etc.
- The tattletale sense is generally applied only to children.
tattle +"Ž -er