- an allowance for traveling expenses at a specified amount per mile
- aggregate distance in miles or total number of miles traveled, recorded, etc.
- rate per mile, as in allowing for travel expenses or in charging for the use of railroad freight cars
- the number of miles a motor vehicle will go on a gallon of fuel, a tire will run before it wears out, etc.
- the amount of use, service, or benefit one gets or can get from something
The definition of mileage is the total length in miles.
An example of mileage is the total distance a car has driven in a month.
- Total length, extent, or distance measured or expressed in miles.
- Total miles covered or traveled in a given time.
- The amount of service, use, or wear estimated by miles used or traveled: This tire will give very good mileage.
- The number of miles traveled by a motor vehicle on a given quantity of fuel.
- a. An allowance for travel expenses established at a specified rate per mile.b. Expense per mile, as for the use of a car.
- Informal The amount of service something has yielded or may yield in the future; usefulness: a tape player that still has a lot of mileage left.
- the total distance, in miles, travelled
- the number of miles travelled by a vehicle on a certain volume of fuel
- mileage allowance, an allowance for travel expenses at a specified rate per mile
- (informal) the amount of service that something has yielded or may yield in future
- This old PC has still got plenty of mileage in it.
- There's quite a lot of mileage in language, speech and computing, particularly in research.
- (informal) something worth taking into consideration
- There's some mileage in your argument.
- The mileage checks pretty good.
- What's the mileage on it?
- The mileage was scrupulously recorded, as was everything else.
- There was a log listing mileage and dates in a variety of different handwritings.
- "It handles well and gets good gas mileage," she answered, hoping Alex would be out soon.