The definition of mileage is the total length in miles.
An example of mileage is the total distance a car has driven in a month.
- an allowance for traveling expenses at a specified amount per mile
- aggregate distance in miles or total number of miles traveled, recorded, etc.
- rate per mile, as in allowing for travel expenses or in charging for the use of railroad freight cars
- the number of miles a motor vehicle will go on a gallon of fuel, a tire will run before it wears out, etc.
- the amount of use, service, or benefit one gets or can get from something
- Total length, extent, or distance measured or expressed in miles.
- Total miles covered or traveled in a given time.
- The amount of service, use, or wear estimated by miles used or traveled: This tire will give very good mileage.
- The number of miles traveled by a motor vehicle on a given quantity of fuel.
- a. An allowance for travel expenses established at a specified rate per mile.b. Expense per mile, as for the use of a car.
- Informal The amount of service something has yielded or may yield in the future; usefulness: a tape player that still has a lot of mileage left.
- the total distance, in miles, travelled
- the number of miles travelled by a vehicle on a certain volume of fuel
- mileage allowance, an allowance for travel expenses at a specified rate per mile
- (informal) the amount of service that something has yielded or may yield in future
- This old PC has still got plenty of mileage in it.
- There's quite a lot of mileage in language, speech and computing, particularly in research.
- (informal) something worth taking into consideration
- There's some mileage in your argument.