- The definition of MIL is short for mother-in-law.
An example of a MIL is your husband's mother.
mil definition by Webster's New World
- a unit of length, equal to one thousandth (0.001) of an inch (0.0254 millimeter), used in measuring the diameter of wire, the thickness of coatings or films, etc.
- a milliliter, or cubic centimeter
- a unit of currency in Cyprus, equal to 1/1000 pound
- Mil. a unit of angle measurement for artillery fire, missile launching, etc., equal to the angle forming an arc that is 1/6400 of the circumference of a circle
Origin: Classical Latin mille, thousand
mil definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A unit of length equal to one thousandth (10-3) of an inch (0.0254 millimeter), used, for example, to specify the diameter of wire or the thickness of materials sold in sheets.
- A milliliter; one cubic centimeter.
- A unit of angular measurement used in artillery and equal to 1/6400 of a complete revolution.
Origin: Short for Latin mīllēsimus, thousandth, from mīlle, thousand; see gheslo- in Indo-European roots.
mil - Computer Definition
mil - Investment & Finance Definition
A tenth of a cent ($0.001). Typically a mil is a unit of measurement used by cities to assess taxes on property, such as real estate or cars. The mil is multiplied by an asset’s assessed valuation to arrive at the amount of tax that must be paid.Webster's New World Finance and Investment Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Indianapolis, Indiana. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
mil - Science Definition