- Milady is a term used to refer to an English noblewoman.
An example of milady is a term used by an English housekeeper to address her employer's wife.
milady definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
noun pl. miladies
- an English noblewoman or gentlewoman
- ☆ a woman of fashion: shopkeepers' or advertisers' term
Origin: French ; from Eng my lady
milady definition by American Heritage Dictionary
noun pl. mi·la·dies
- An English noblewoman or gentlewoman.
- Used as a form of address for such a woman.
- A chic or fashionable woman.
Origin: French, from English, my lady.