nounpl. Mi'kmaq or Mi'k·maqs or Micmac or Mic·macs
- A member of a Native American people inhabiting Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Maine, and the Gaspé Peninsula of Quebec.
- The Algonquian language of the Micmac.
- An Aboriginal people residing in the Canadian provinces of Newfoundland & Labrador, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick, and Quebec, and in the U.S. cities of Boston and New York City.
- The polysynthetic Eastern Algonquian language spoken by this people, closely related to Maliseet and Passamaquoddy.
(comparative more Mi'kmaq, superlative most Mi'kmaq)
- Of or pertaining to the Mi'kmaq people, language, or culture.
From Mi'kmaq MÃkmaq.