A couple dance the tango.
tango definition by Webster's New World
- a dance for couples, originated in South America, with long gliding steps and dips
- music for this dance in 2/4 or 4/4 time
Origin: American Spanish
tango definition by American Heritage Dictionary
noun pl. tan·gos
- A Latin American ballroom dance in 2/4 or 4/4 time.
- The music for this dance.
Origin: American Spanish, possibly of Niger-Congo origin; akin to Ibibio tamgu, to dance.
- tanˈgo·likeˌ adjective
tango - Computer Definition
(1) A Windows Phone upgrade. See Windows Phone.
(2) A phone and video calling application over Wi-Fi or cellular for Windows PCs, Windows Phone, iPhone and Android from TangoME, Inc., Palo Alto, CA (www.tango.me). Callers can record a video message if the recipient does not answer. Tango competes with the hugely popular Skype and FaceTime video calling services.
tango - Cultural Definition
A sensual ballroom dance that originated in South America in the early twentieth century.