A couple dance the tango.
- a dance for couples, originated in South America, with long gliding steps and dips
- music for this dance in 2/4 or 4/4 time
Origin of tangoAmerican Spanish
- A dance of Argentine origin for couples in 2/4 or 4/4 time.
- The music for this dance.
intransitive verbtan·goed, tan·go·ing, tan·gos
Origin of tangoAmerican Spanish, possibly of Niger-Congo origin; akin to Ibibio tamgu, to dance.
(plural tangos or tangoes)
(third-person singular simple present tangoes, present participle tangoing, simple past and past participle tangoed)
- To dance the tango.
- (slang) To handle, to flirt with, to deal with.
tango - Computer Definition
(1) A Windows Phone upgrade. See Windows Phone.
(2) A phone and video calling application over Wi-Fi or cellular for Windows PCs, Windows Phone, iPhone and Android from TangoME, Inc., Palo Alto, CA (www.tango.me). Callers can record a video message if the recipient does not answer. Tango competes with the hugely popular Skype and FaceTime video calling services.