- a variety of mandarin orange with a deep reddish-yellow color and segments that are easily separated
- a deep reddish-yellow color
Origin of tangerine; from French Tanger, Tangier + -ine
- A widely cultivated variety of mandarin orange having deep red-orange fruit with easily separated segments.
- A strong reddish orange to strong or vivid orange.
Origin of tangerineShort for tangerine orange, after Tanger, (Tangier), Morocco (the principal port from which the fruit was once shipped).
- Of a deep yellowish-orange colour.
- From, or pertaining to Tangier
- Of, or related to, Blackpool Football Club
- A native or inhabitant of Tangier.