- Tangentially is defined as briefly mentioning a subject but not going into it in detail, or is defined as going off in a different direction.
When you mention the new movie that you saw but only very casually and quickly in passing before going on to the next subject, this is an example of when you tangentially speak of the movie.
(comparative more tangentially, superlative most tangentially)
- In a tangential manner or direction.
Variant of tangential
- of, like, or in the direction of a tangent
- drawn as a tangent
- going off at a tangent; diverging or digressing
- merely touching a subject, not dealing with it at length