- The definition of a third party is the other major, competitive party in a largely two-party system in politics, or a person who is not a primary person in a situation.
- An example of a third party is the Green Party, running alongside the Republicans and Democrats.
- An example of a third party is the neighbor who overheard a couple fighting in their home.
third party definition by Webster's New World
- ☆ a political party organized to compete against the two major parties in a two-party system
- a person in a case or matter other than the principals
third party definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A political party organized as opposition to the existing parties in a two-party system.
- One other than the principals involved in a transaction: I pay rent to a third party, not directly to the landlord.
third party - Business Definition
third party - Computer Definition
A separate individual or organization other than the two principals involved. A third party is typically a company that provides an auxiliary product not supplied by the primary manufacturer to the end user (the two principals). Countless third-party add-on and plug-in products keep the computer industry advancing at a rapid pace. The third-party vendor is often the most innovative.
third party - Legal Definition