Variant of tangle
- to hinder, obstruct, or confuse by or as by covering, circling, entwining, etc.
- to catch in or as in a net or snare; trap
- to make a knot or snarl of; intertwist
Origin: Middle English tanglen, probably nasalized variant, variety of taglen, to entangle, akin to Swedish dialect, dialectal taggla, to disarrange
- to become tangled
- Informal to fight, quarrel, or argue
- an intertwisted, confused mass of things, as string, branches, etc.; snarl
- a jumbled, confused condition
- a perplexed state
- Informal a fight, quarrel, or argument
- tangler noun
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.