- A beautiful park surrounded by trees is an example of something sylvan.
- A classroom with paper trees and decorations of woodland creatures is an example of something sylvan.
The definition of sylvan is something that is wooded, or like the woods or the forest.
one who lives in the woods
Origin of sylvanFrench sylvan, forest deity from Classical Latin Silvanus from silva, forest, probably from Indo-European an unverified form (k)selwa- from source Classical Greek xylon, wood
- of or characteristic of the woods or forest
- living or found in the woods or forest
- Relating to or characteristic of woods or forest regions.
- Located in or inhabiting a wood or forest.
- Abounding in trees; wooded.
One that lives in or frequents the woods.
Origin of sylvanMedieval Latin sylvānus from Latin Silvānus god of the woods from silva forest
(comparative more sylvan, superlative most sylvan)
- One who resides in the woods.
- A fabled deity of the wood; a satyr; a faun.