sweater definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a person or thing that sweats, esp. to excess
- a knitted or crocheted outer garment for the upper part of the body, with or without sleeves, styled as either a pullover or a jacket
sweater definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A jacket or pullover made especially of knit, crocheted, or woven wool, cotton, or synthetic yarn.
- One that sweats, especially profusely.
- Something that induces sweating; a sudorific.