- hard work put into a house, business, etc. to increase its value
- the increased value so produced
sweat equitysweat equity
- Work, especially manual labor, performed in return for a share in ownership, as of a home, or in the expectation of increasing the value of a property one has purchased.
- Sustained effort; hard work: “Coming up with compelling plots is a little bit inspiration and a lot of sweat equity” ( David Baldacci )
- (idiomatic, real estate, business) An investment of labour, typically by the owner and often his or her family, usually in a small business or personal residence that increases the value of the business or residence.
- My wife and I have put a lot of sweat equity into our home - I did the renovations and she did the redecorating.