fisherman [fis̸h′ər mən]
Use fisherman in a sentence
noun pl. fishermen
- a person who fishes for sport or for a living
- a commercial fishing vessel
designating or of a style of bulky sweater knit in a combination of stitches and having a wide collar or turtleneck
- One who fishes as an occupation or for sport.
- A commercial fishing vessel.
- A person who attempts to catch fish.
- The fisherman cast his line.
- A person whose profession is catching fish.
- He is a fisherman, out on a trawler for days at a time.
- A boat used for commercial fishing.