- a ship used in whaling
- a person whose work is whalingalso ⌂ whale′manpl. -·men
- One that hunts or processes whales.
- A whaling ship.
- A whaleboat.
- One who hunts whales; a person employed in the whaling industry.
- A seagoing vessel used for hunting whales.
- One who whales (flogs or beats).
- (slang) A large, strong person.
- (slang) Something of unusually great size, a whopper, a whacker.
- (Australia) Any shark of the family Carcharhinidae; a requiem shark.
- (Australian slang, dated) A sundowner; one who cruises about.