- a person or thing that casts
- a small bottle or other container for serving vinegar, mustard, salt, etc. at the table
- a stand for holding several such containers
- a small wheel or freely rolling ball set in a swiveled frame and attached to each leg, bottom corner, etc. of a piece of furniture or other heavy object so that it can be moved easily
- One that casts: a caster of nets.
- also cas·tor A small wheel on a swivel, attached under a piece of furniture or other heavy object to make it easier to move.
- also castor a. A small bottle, pot, or shaker for holding a condiment.b. A stand for a set of condiment containers.
- Someone or something that casts
- a caster of spells; a caster of stones
- A wheeled assembly attached to a larger object at its base to facilitate rolling. A caster usually consists of
- Many office chairs roll on a set of casters.
- A shaker with a perforated top for sprinkling condiments such as sugar, salt, pepper, etc.
- a set of casters
- A stand to hold a set of shakers or cruets.
From cast (obsolete) "to turn"