- The definition of strategic is something done in order to achieve some specific goal, to meet a specific plan, to gain a military advantage or to effectively fight a war.
- If you are trying to acquire a new customer and you show that prospect how the features of your company can meet and exceed their needs, this is an example of strategic selling.
- A sophisticated missile that can help your country win the war is an example of a strategic weapon.
strategic definition by Webster's New World
- of or having to do with strategy
- characterized by sound strategy; favorable; advantageous
- essential to effective military strategy
- ☆ operating or designed to operate directly against the military, industrial, etc. installations of an enemy: the Strategic Air Command
- required for the effective conduct of a war: strategic materials
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- strategically adverb
strategic definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Of or relating to strategy.
- a. Important or essential in relation to a plan of action: a strategic withdrawal.b. Essential to the effective conduct of war: strategic materials.c. Highly important to an intended objective: The staff discussed strategic marketing factors.
- Intended to destroy the military potential of an enemy: strategic bombing.
- stra·teˈgi·cal·ly adverb