- If you are trying to acquire a new customer and you show that prospect how the features of your company can meet and exceed their needs, this is an example of strategic selling.
- A sophisticated missile that can help your country win the war is an example of a strategic weapon.
- of or having to do with strategy
- characterized by sound strategy; favorable; advantageous
- essential to effective military strategy
- operating or designed to operate directly against the military, industrial, etc. installations of an enemy: the Strategic Air Command
- required for the effective conduct of a war: strategic materials
- Of or relating to strategy.
- a. Important or essential in relation to a plan of action: a strategic withdrawal.b. Essential to the effective conduct of war: strategic materials.c. Highly important to an intended objective: The staff discussed strategic marketing factors.
- Intended to destroy the military potential of an enemy: strategic bombing.
(comparative more strategic, superlative most strategic)
- of or pertaining to strategy
From Ancient Greek ÏƒÏ„ÏÎ±Ï„Î·Î³Î¹ÎºÏŒÏ‚ (strategikos, “of or for a general", also "a treatise on strategy"), from ÏƒÏ„ÏÎ±Ï„Î·Î³ÏŒÏ‚ (strategos, “the leader or commander of an army, a general"), from ÏƒÏ„ÏÎ±Ï„ÏŒÏ‚ (stratos, “army") + á¼„Î³Ï‰ (ago, “I lead, I conduct").