- A dance in which sets of four couples form squares.
- Any of various similar group dances of rural origin.
- square dancer
(countable and uncountable, plural square dances)
- (uncountable) Square dancing.
- Square dance is America's folk dance.
- (countable) A particular instance of square dancing.
- There's a square dance at the school tonight.
(third-person singular simple present square dances, present participle square dancing, simple past and past participle square danced)
- To take part in square dancing; to dance this type of dancing.
- I square danced for three hours last night.
(third-person singular simple present square-dances, present participle square-dancing, simple past and past participle square-danced)
- To participate in a square dance
Variant of square dance