The definition of spunky is someone who has a lot of energy or is spirited.
An example of someone spunky is a lively teenage girl.
adjectivespunk·i·er, spunk·i·est Informal
(comparative spunkier, superlative spunkiest)
From spunk +"Ž -y.
- If you are planning a party, pay a visit to their fun website with its easy navigation and spunky product descriptions.
- Esurance is a well known insurance provider thanks to the aggressive television campaign featuring the spunky Erin, an animated action figure who appears on commercials and runs around enjoying insurance adventures.
- Traditional collars come in every color of the rainbow as well as a variety of spunky patterns such as camouflage, paw print, zebra, leopard, and smiley prints.
- The spunky American photojournalist never let her gender keep her from her goal of photographing subjects that were important to her.
- Malls across the country were packed with women of all ages sporting the spunky style with their jeans and white canvas shoes.