soundtrack definition by Webster's New World
- the area along one side of a film, carrying its recorded sound portion
- the sound portion of a film
- a recording of this, esp. of the music, on disc, tape, etc.
soundtrack definition by American Heritage Dictionary
also sound tracknoun
- The narrow strip at one side of a movie film that carries the sound recording.
- a. The music that accompanies a movie.b. A commercial recording of such music.
soundtrack - Computer Definition
The audio that is recorded on movie film, a video or game. Soundtracks may be analog or digital in one or more channels (mono, stereo and multichannel). The term may also refer to a separate audio album that contains the music from a movie.