- the area along one side of a film, carrying its recorded sound portion
- the sound portion of a film
- a recording of this, esp. of the music, on disc, tape, etc.
also sound track
- The audio portion of a film or video recording.
- a. The music that accompanies a movie.b. A commercial recording of such music.
(third-person singular simple present soundtracks, present participle soundtracking, simple past and past participle soundtracked)
- To provide, or to act as the sound or music component of a film
soundtrack - Computer Definition
The audio that is recorded on movie film, a video or game. Soundtracks may be analog or digital in one or more channels (mono, stereo and multichannel). The term may also refer to a separate audio album that contains the music from a movie.