sweet spotsweet spot
- Sports that particular area on the striking surface of a racket, golf club, baseball bat, etc. that, if struck against the ball, will generate the most power and afford the best control
- the optimum location in a room, etc. for experiencing the full effects of the multi-channel sound of a film soundtrack or musical recording
- The place on a bat, club, racket, or paddle, where it is most effective to hit a ball.
- An area or range that is most effective or beneficial: an engine's sweet spot of rpm's for maximum fuel-efficiency; a store's demographic sweet spot of women in their twenties.
(plural sweet spots)
- (sports) The optimal place on the bat, racquet, etc with which to hit.
- He hit the gapper right off of the sweet spot.
- Any place which is optimum for a certain action to take place.
- (physics, slang): The center of percussion.
- (slang, euphemistic) The clitoris, prostate gland or other center of sexual pleasure
sweet spot - Computer Definition
(1) An optimum combination of characteristics and qualities. As a result, the product is the most efficient, useful or popular, or even the most lucrative one in the line. See also SuiteSpot.
(2) The optimum seating location for listening to stereo, surround sound audio or viewing 3D TV.