- Sports that particular area on the striking surface of a racket, golf club, baseball bat, etc. that, if struck against the ball, will generate the most power and afford the best control
- the optimum location in a room, etc. for experiencing the full effects of the multi-channel sound of a film soundtrack or musical recording
sweet spotsweet spot
- The place on a bat, club, racket, or paddle, where it is most effective to hit a ball.
- An area or range that is most effective or beneficial: an engine's sweet spot of rpm's for maximum fuel-efficiency; a store's demographic sweet spot of women in their twenties.
(plural sweet spots)
- (sports) The optimal place on the bat, racquet, etc with which to hit.
- He hit the gapper right off of the sweet spot.
- Any place which is optimum for a certain action to take place.
- (physics, slang): The center of percussion.
- (slang, euphemistic) The clitoris, prostate gland or other center of sexual pleasure
sweet spot - Computer Definition
(1) An optimum combination of characteristics and qualities. As a result, the product is the most efficient, useful or popular, or even the most lucrative one in the line. See also SuiteSpot.