The definition of social networking is a process where individuals connect and form new relationships.
Type of Social Networking Websites
- General social networking websites help people find new and old friends, keep in touch through photos, blogs, status updates and personal messages.
- Social networking websites connect people with every conceivable hobby and interest from knitting and crochet to sexual fetishes.
- Dating social networking websites connect people for dating.
- Business networking websites connect individuals and find information about businesses, both local and worldwide.
- An example of social networking is Facebook.
- An example of social networking is a family, a neighborhood, a religious organization or a sports team
- An example of social networking is individuals connecting with other individuals to form groups, groups connecting with other groups to form larger groups, and individuals from one group connecting with individuals from another group to form an entirely different group.