- The definition of situated is where a person or thing is located, or their financial circumstances.
- An example of situated is where your house can be found; situated on a hill.
- An example of situated is the wealth of the Rockefeller family; well situated.
situated definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- placed as to site or position; located
- placed as to circumstances, esp. financial circumstances: securely situated
Origin: past participle of situate
situated definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Having a place or location; located: a cabin nicely situated on a quiet riverbank.
- Supplied with money: a family that has always been well situated.
Variant of situate
Rare, Archaic situated
Origin: Midieval Latin situatus, past participle of situare, to place ; from Classical Latin situs: see site