- Alternative spelling of sit-up.
(plural sit ups)
- Alternative spelling of sit-up; alternative spelling of situp.
(third-person singular simple present sits up, present participle sitting up, simple past and past participle sat up)
- (intransitive) To assume a sitting position from a position lying down.
- Despite being sick, Lorin sat up to greet the visitors.
- (intransitive) To sit erect.
- Sit up straight, mister!
- (intransitive) To show interest or surprise.
- He sat up when we mentioned the increased pay package.
- To rise.