sideboard definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a piece of dining-room furniture for holding linen, silver, china, etc.
- a board that forms or is part of a side: the sideboards of a wagon
- Hockey the solid wooden fence surrounding the rink
sideboard definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A piece of dining room furniture having drawers and shelves for linens and tableware.
- A board that forms a side or part of a side: the sideboards of a skating rink.
- sideboards Chiefly British Sideburns.
Origin: Sense 3, probably alteration of sideburns.