- a piece of dining-room furniture for holding linen, silver, china, etc.
- a board that forms or is part of a side: the sideboards of a wagon
- [pl.]Ice Hockey the solid wooden fence surrounding the rink
- A long, low piece of dining room furniture having drawers and shelves for storing linens and tableware and a flat surface for serving food or displaying items.
- A board that forms a side or part of a side: the sideboards of a skating rink.
- sideboards Chiefly British Sideburns.
Origin of sideboardSense 3, probably alteration of sideburns