- in badminton or other similar games, a rounded piece of cork having a flat end stuck with feathers or, now, a piece of plastic formed to resemble this: it is struck back and forth across a net with rackets or paddles
- the game of battledore and shuttlecock
to go, send, or bandy back and forth
The object hit back and forth over the net in badminton, consisting of a conical array of feathers or a conical plastic mesh attached to a small rounded end of cork or rubber. Also called bird . Also called birdie .
verbtransitiveshut·tle·cocked, shut·tle·cock·ing, shut·tle·cocks
To throw or send back and forth like a shuttlecock.
- battledore and shuttlecock
(third-person singular simple present shuttlecocks, present participle shuttlecocking, simple past and past participle shuttlecocked)
- To move rapidly back and forth
- To send or toss back and forth; to bandy
- to shuttlecock words