separatist[sep′ə rə tist, -ə rāt′ist]
separatist definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a person who withdraws or secedes, esp. a member of a group that has seceded from a larger group; dissenter
- a person who advocates political, religious, or racial separation
of separatists or separatism
separatist definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- One who secedes or advocates separation, especially from an established church; a sectarian or separationist.
- One who advocates disjunction of a group from a larger group or political unit: Basque separatists.
- One who advocates cultural, ethnic, or racial separation.
- sepˈa·ra·tism noun
- sepˈa·ra·tist adjective
- sepˌa·ra·tisˈtic adjective