separatist[sep′ə rə tist, -ə rāt′ist]
- a person who withdraws or secedes, esp. a member of a group that has seceded from a larger group; dissenter
- a person who advocates political, religious, or racial separation
of separatists or separatism
- One who secedes or advocates separation from a group, as from a nation or an established church.
- One who advocates cultural, ethnic, or racial separation.
- Someone who advocates separation from the established Church; a member of any of various sects or schismatics.
- A person who advocates or seeks the splitting of one country or territory into two politically independent countries or territories.
- On rare occasions French-Canadian separatists have resorted to violence.