- The definition of self made is something that is made by oneself or someone who has become successful through his own efforts.
An example of self made is a man who was born poor but who started his own business and made millions.
self-made definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- made by oneself or itself
- successful, rich, etc. through one's own efforts: a self-made man
- being or having become such primarily through one's own efforts: a self-made millionaire
self-made definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Having achieved success or recognition by one's own efforts: a self-made millionaire.
- Made by itself or oneself: a self-made pond.