A sculptor creates a bust with clay.
An artist who takes a lump of marble and carves it into a statute is an example of a sculptor.
- a person, esp. an artist, who makes sculptures
- a S constellation between Cetus and Phoenix containing the S galactic pole
Origin of sculptorClassical Latin ; from sculpere, to carve in stone, akin to scalpere, to cut: see scalpel
- One who produces sculptural artwork.
- One who shapes, molds, or fashions especially with artistry or precision.
- Sculptor A constellation in the Southern Hemisphere near Cetus and Phoenix. Also called Sculptor's Workshop.
Origin of sculptorLatin, from sculpere, to carve; see sculpture.
From Latin scÅ«lptor.