- Runoff is defined as excess water draining away from land or buildings.
The overflow of water that drains off of your driveway is an example of runoff.
- The definition of a runoff is an additional election held when a first election produces a tie or otherwise does not result in a winner.
When a first election ties and then a second election is held between the two parties who tied in the original race, this is an example of a runoff.
runoff definition by Webster's New World
- ☆ something that runs off, as rain in excess of the amount absorbed by the ground
- a deciding, final race, election, etc. as in case of a tie
runoff definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- a. The overflow of fluid from a container.b. Rainfall not absorbed by soil.
- Eliminated waste products from manufacturing processes.
- An extra competition held to break a tie.