(comparative more robotic, superlative most robotic)
- Of, relating to, or resembling a robot; mechanical, lacking emotion or personality, etc.
- Al Gore was famously criticized for having the most robotic manner of any US politician.
- His voice sounded robotic over the long-distance telephone connection.
Coined by Isaac Asimov in his 1941 book Liar!.
Variant of robot
- any anthropomorphic mechanical being, as those in Karel Čapek's play R.U.R. (Rossum's Universal Robots), built to do routine manual work for human beings
- any mechanical device operated automatically, esp. by remote control, to perform in a seemingly human way
- an automaton; esp., a person who acts or works mechanically and without originality
Origin of robot; from Czech robota, forced labor ; from Old Church Slavonic rabota, menial labor ; from rabu, servant ; from Indo-European base an unverified form orbho-: see orphan