- The quality or state of being rigid.
- An instance of being rigid.
(countable and uncountable, plural rigidities)
- The quality or state of being rigid; want of pliability; the quality of resisting change of form; the amount of resistance with which a body opposes change of form.
- Stiffness of appearance or manner; want of ease or elegance.
- In Economics: synonym for stickiness (of prices/wages etc.). Describing the tendency of prices and money wages to adjust to changes in the economy with a certain delay.