- The definition of residential is something related to a dwelling or location where people live.
- A college that offers dorm rooms is an example of a place that offers residential accommodations.
- A neighborhood made up of single-family homes where people live is an example of a residential neighborhood.
residential definition by Webster's New World
- of or connected with residence
- of, characterized by, or suitable for residences, or homes: a residential neighborhood
- ☆ chiefly for residents rather than transients: a residential hotel
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- residentially adverb
residential definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Of, relating to, or having residence: a residential college.
- Of, suitable for, or limited to residences: residential zoning.
- resˌi·denˈtial·ly adverb