residency definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
noun pl. residencies
- residence (esp. senses , , & )
- a period of advanced, specialized medical or surgical training at a hospital
- the position or tenure of a doctor during this period
residency definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
noun pl. res·i·den·cies
- The position or term of a medical resident.
- a. The house of a colonial resident.b. The sphere of authority of a colonial resident.
residency - Medical Definition
The period during which a physician gets specialized clinical training.